Suddenly the PG is full with people from South India :- Kerala, Hyderabad, Chennai. Earlier I used to love Idlis and Masala Dosas. but now, after eating on a regular basis, I no longer have any craze for them. I’m craving for some North Indian food, Hindi speaking people and feeling of being connected. Is it the cold or the company of people I’m with that I’m feeling so BLUE?
Daring, you bet!
As it’s a startup and there are only 2 more employees ( Founders of the company ), one can take liberties at times….what say 😉
Today is the day when I’m doing what I do not do usually.
Instead of turning up for work at 9 A.M, I came around 1 P.M.
Why? Woke up late at 11 A.M.
Had breakfast, lunch and medicines for cold and came for work.
Within an hour, my 2 Bosses left for meeting.
As there’s not much work to do, I listened to music, applied to jobs, surfed Net, networked, downloaded e-books and now listening to my favorite songs.
Tempted to leave Office but instead blogging and shall leave at 6 P.M as that’s my office timing 🙂
Where to begin. Here’s a list of what’s happening now :-
- My inbox flooded with jobs, applying like crazy. Hoping for favorable response [ please pray for me, thanks ]
- Being able to get rid of annoying/ nasty people [ at last ]
- Living my dream
- Networking like crazy – professionally n personally
- Enemies trying to please and saying “truce” [ kind of, unbelievable ]
- Travelling as if there’s no tomorrow, crazy yet FUN
Well, it isn’t difficult being friends with your ex-es. Provided the person is mature enough to accept the reality. I don’t remember dating this guy. But yes, he did show an interest in me and wanted to go ahead further. I didn’t reciprocate and he backed off with dignity. I admire that. That’s the first time I met such a guy, surprisingly one of my college seniors [ When there were some seniors who were stalking and acting like creeps ], it was a welcome relief. Initially, I felt awkward, but he made me feel at ease and we keep in touch. Recently, I applied for Research Fellow position and later found that he was in the same organisation. I contacted and we talked for sometime about it, our lives and old college days. It was good. He said that he might be visiting Bangalore to meet his sister and asked whether we can meet and catch up. Looking forward to the meet.
It’s been awesome. I’m loving my gmail inbox like never before. Why? Coz its full with job vacancies and news of my CV being short-listed for nice companies. Not to mention, I’m getting to know about new hirings also. Have been religiously sending my updated CV and hoping for some positive news, if not this year then next yr in Jan. keeping my fingers crossed.
So no one told you life was going to be this way.
Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, you’re love life’s DOA.
It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear,
Well, it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.
Yeah that’s what life is mine, in a nutshell. It’s a roller-coaster ride of sorts like a sine wave. But its okay, as long as I can bounce back and taste success, I’m all game for this.
At times, I become emotional and feel like talking….why do I get to learn something new everyday from some new challenges or learn…maybe thats how one grows emotionally and becomes stronger.
Would be glad if for a change I get a chance to sit back and relax you know [ wishful thinking ? ] Lets wait and see to find it out..when I get to realise this dream of mine. 🙂 Hope its soooooon
- Never date stalkers/ offenders. Such creeps don’t deserve it. They will never ever muster courage to talk straight but can only derive pleasure by indirect bullying i.e stalking. Big turn-off for me. believe it or not, my college super-seniors gave a real hard time to me when I was a fresher. Scared the hell out of me. Made me feel uneasy and my mom worried herself sick over it. Maybe that’s why, she became ill later on and died. I blame it on my stalkers partly for this for giving such tension and haven’t forgiven them. That’s a different thing, these shameless jerks have no regrets EVEN NOW.
- Guys who make you feel uncomfortable/ uneasy.
- Guys who doesn’t respect women and who try to take advantage.
- The way you propose.
These are the main rules. Rest, well you can afford to give some slack if the guy is worth it. Isn’t it so? And most importantly, always go for instincts and your gut feeling. They will never let you down. 🙂